John A. Fialcowitz
Experience, Value and Personal Attention
Business Litigation Attorney Serving New Jersey
I founded my own practice in 2009 with the idea that computer technology and the Internet have changed the playing field for attorneys. With online databases making legal information universally accessible, small firms can now have access to the same legal resources as larger firms.
My name is John A. Fialcowitz. I have over 15 years of litigation experience that I now put to work for businesses in litigation throughout New Jersey and the five boroughs of New York City at my own private firm. I offer the personal service and reasonable rates, with the quality of representation often associated with large firms.
The Thorough Representation of a Large Firm
My career as a litigator began at the New York City litigation firm of Martin Clearwater Bell. From there, I moved to Lowenstein Sandler, where I spent the next 8 years perfecting my skills as a business litigator, representing clients in business disputes in the federal and state courts of New Jersey and New York. I use that experience at my own firm today to protect businesses in contract disputes, business tort matters, and other business litigation matters.
The Personal Service of a Small Firm
The difference between a large firm and a small firm is personal service. I am not overburdened with clients. I have the time to spend with the businesses I represent to ensure that I am serving their best interests.
All at a Fair Price
Larger firms have buildings to heat, employees to pay and a host of other overhead costs. At my firm, it is just me and my office. I pass that savings on to my clients.
- Business Litigation
- Business & Commercial Law
- Business Organizations
- Construction Law
- Litigation & Appeals
- New York, 1995
- New Jersey, 2001
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1995
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2004
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Middlesex County Bar Association
- Morris County Bar Association
- Somerset County Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1994
- Washington & Lee University
- B.A. - 1991
- Honors: cum laude
- U.S. Eagle Corporation v. Westphal, 484 B.R. 640, 2012, Bankr. D. N.J.
- Stevens v. Scottrade, Inc., Index No. 150208/12, 2012, Supreme Court of the State of New York, New York County
- Chibbaro v. Quigley, FINRA Case No. 10-00100, 2012
- Mangiapane v. Central Jersey Waste & Recycling, Inc., 2010 WL 4340649, 2010, App. Div.
- Fishbein v. Miranda, 2009 WL 3849676, 2009, Southern District of New York
- Whitman v. Herbert, Docket No. C-252-07, 2008, Superior Court of New Jersey, Middlesex County
- Gristede's Foods, Inc. v. Unkechauge Nation, 532 F.Supp.2d 439, 2007, Eastern District of New York
- Cadence Triad, Inc. v. ABB, Inc., Docket No. MRS-L-3078-05, 2007, Superior Court of New Jersey, Morris County
- Component Hardware Group, Inc. v. Trine Rolled Moulding Corp., Civil Action No. 05-CV-891, D.N.J.
- Marshall v. Matthei, Docket No ESX-L-3894-93, 2006, Superior Court of New Jersey
- Martinez v. Barasch, 2005 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 22873, 2005, Southern District of New York
- In re Silver Leaf, LLC, Civ. A. No 20611, 2005 WL 204564, 2005
- In re Silver Leaf, LLC, Civ. A. No 20611, 2004 WL 1517127, 2004
- Martin Clearwater Bell
- Lowenstein Sandler